Evil is a choice
Ming is the Guardian of the Temple of the Rat.
When she is not Powered Up she appears to be a young Chinese-South Asian girl with black hair made into a fringe and red eyes. She wears a white karate gi with purple accents, a purple belt and white shorts. Even before empowering, she minimally resembles a Rat due to the fact that she has one tooth at the front of her mouth which projects over her lower lip and red eyes.
When Powered Up Ming's eyes and ears stretch back giving her the somewhat appearance of a Rat. Her hair grows into a long ponytail much like a rat tail, and she forms two tekko-kagis from her hands which can be used as an attack weapon. Her clothing changes to a brown karate gi (sleeves and pants tucked in) with pink accents and black boots. To empower, she must say "Empower The Rat".
Like other Temple Guardians, she is protective of her Temple, Shrine and Powerband and constantly attempts to defend these things from any attackers. She is easily insulted but very determined, like when she was fighting. She is shown to be plucky enough to fight to the death, and to be honourable as shown when she willingly offers her band when beaten. She is shown to be long in forgiving when someone wrongs her and finds it hard to trust until it has been earned. She is an incredibly strong guardian, managing to tire out the Golden Dragon, and was an extremely difficult opponent to him. Throughout the whole show, apart from The Golden Dragon, she is the Guardian who has her band stolen the least (once in Emperor of The Darkest Ling), emphasising the fact that she is one of the strongest guardians.
It is noted by Master Chin that Ming was trained to be the Rat Guardian by her mother, the previous Rat Guardian.
Her Power Band is black (as the Rat element is water) with a pink gemstone on it and the Rat symbol on it.
This place is a maze
—Ling in Associating With Vermin
Ming is easily able to turn into any living thing that she desires, but always with a distinct feature showing, an example of this is when she turned into Ang and her long ponytail and metal claws were still showing. When she shapeshifts for a long period, it drains her band and makes her grow weak.
When empowered, Ming gains long and sharp tekko-kagis. However, these are not embedded into her skin and seem to strap on, so these are more of an apparel change than physical change.
Rodent Physiology Edit
Being the Rat Guardian, Ming can use the abilities of Rodents and can probably do more than the abilities listed here.
- Enhanced Senses- Ming is able to tell one rat from the other and located Ling by sniffing her out.
- Rat Manipulation- Ming is able to control all rats in her Temple (and probably outside of it), she was also able to get the Rats to surround Ang without giving any verbal commands or gestures.
- Rat Mimicry- All Temple Guardians, at some point in their life where they have to go through the 12-hour cycle in which they turn into their specified animal for their band to rejuvenate. When Ming's time comes, she will turn into a rat.
Enhanced Condition Edit
All of Ming's physical superiorities are of a result of her having an Enhanced Condition with her powerband.
- Enhanced Strength- All Temple guardians possess the ability of superior strength to humans and some even have superior strength to other temple guardians.
- Enhanced Combat- All Temple Guardians possess superhuman levels of hand-to-hand fighting skills, with and without their powerband. Ming was seen as a challenge to Ang, therefore she is considered a high ranked guardian.
- Enhanced Agility- Ming is able to perform several gymnastic, athletic and martial art implements with ease, even being able to fight Ang on a thin rope.
Powerblast Projection Edit
Ming demonstrates that she can make powerblasts which she can project towards other people to knock back and harm them.
Like all other Temple Guardians, Ming can teleport, however, this has not been shown on screen.
Corrupt Detection Edit
Like all other Temple Guardians, Ming can detect if their is an evil entity in her presence.
Ming's appearances in Legend Of The Dragon.
Ming's band is stolen by The Emperor along with Shoong's. Ang, Beingal and Xuan Chi are having a hard time defeating The Emperor, who has possessed Ling, but are accompanied by Ming and Shoong who have also come to retrieve their Power Bands. Ming and Shoong empower and the five Guardians bind their powerblasts together, then shoot it several times towards The Emperor. The blasts manage to get The Emperor out of Ling and a spirit is seen leaving her body, leaving an unconscious Ling behind, who ends up being alright.